• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Oaxaca (1 Viewer)

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
Considering Oaxaca for a Feb trip of about a month duration, instead of north Colombia if it's likely to be cheaper?? Seems most of the Colombian sites I'd like to visit only have expensive accom options, and aren't easy to get to cheaply.

Any thoughts welcome. Are Oaxaca's main sites reasonably doable on public transport, or is hire car a must?

Larry

You will be OK for sites like Monte Alban but think you may struggle at most of the other sites. I was there briefly in April this year but only short visits for key targets as I had been there before in about 1997.

cheers, alan

I have not been to Oaxaca since the year 2000, but at that time defo vehicle needed. Even Monte Alban was so much better because we could be there before first light (~6 am), while public transportation would have limited us to close to the opening hour which was 10 am. I am not sure what the current security situation is in that area, check before making final decisions.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back