• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird event at slimbridge, worth going? (1 Viewer)

Hello

Just joined the forum, new to bird watching. Saw an offer on travelzoo today for a festival of birds at slimbridge.

Has anyone been before? Is it worth a visit?

http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/local-deals/Gloucestershire/Entertainment/153280

Hi Stevie. Not sure about the festival but I find Slimbridge always worth a visit. Was there last Friday and had cracking views of the Common Cranes, Bewicks Swans, Marsh Harrier, Pintails etc. etc.

Rich

PS Welcome to BF:t:

Yes, it's great place for watching birds, especially in winter. I am sure you will like it. You may consider buying yearly subscription - good value for money.

Had a really good day here today. Spent a lot of it trying to get to grips with gulls - Med, Little, BH and LBB were all present. Saw my first common sandpiper of the year and also the first sedge warbler. I love it when it isn't busy -today was a bit like a ghost town - reckon all the locals are down in Somerset this weekend.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back