• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Croome Park (NT) and environs (1 Viewer)

gary.palmer

@thewyrewagtail
29th Dec 2014:
10km walk from car park around the estate and beyond.
Main pool on estate 90% frozen but still held 1 Little Grebe, 10 Gadwall, 30 Mallard & 4 Mute Swan. 2 Raven overhead.
c200 thrushes (Fieldfare & Redwings); and a field with 40+ Skylarks & a few Yellowhammers.

Not seen Gadwall here before hence thought I'd start new thread to see what others see here.

If you walk across the field from the bottom end towards the formal garden you will see a fenced off area on your left. Every time i look there I awakes see snipe and occasionally stonechats.

I often see gadwalls there and tufted ducks. However, never seen a little grebe.

from a non birding point of view I have seen several deer and brown hares.

It used to be a semi-regular site for Hawfinch in the winter but haven't seen any reports in recent years.

Had a walk around Croome this afternoon. Did not walk the whole length of the lake but still managed 39 species in total. Included Gadwall, Kingfisher, cormorant and Little Grebe. The little grebe was seen in the garden area on the lake. I was very surprised to see it there.

However, as expected there were hundreds of winter thrushes and starlings.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back