• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch with Bill Oddie (1 Viewer)

DJW

A one off programme on 25th March, 7.00 - 8.00 pm on BBC2.

A 3 week series to be screened sometime in May.

Bill along with usual suspects (Kate Humble and Simon King)

The base camp is a farm in Devon (The same one used for Britain Goes Wild??)

Dave

They are doing this in conjunction with a survey set up by the Woodland Trust. It was for the public to look out for the first appearance of Bumblebees, Peacock Butterflies, Seven-spot Ladybirds, Swifts, Frogspawn and Hawthorn in flower. This is to see when Spring comes in each part of the UK.

Yes they are returning to the same Farm in Devon.

Here is a link http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/wildbritain/springwatch/

Last edited:
Marmot said:
They are doing this in conjunction with a survey set up by the Wooland Trust.

Surprised they are not looking for new born lambs!!

Sorry Marmot - only joking!!!

Dave

Dave,

I bet you anything you like they will have baby lambs on the programme, got to have the aah factor. Spring means lambs doesn't it. The general public must surely be able to identify lambs, calves, sheep and cattle if nothing else.

From an old Cynic

Ann

Lots of lambs up here!!! Aaaaah. LOL

I knew Bill was doing another series sometime in the Spring...I'll make a note of this in my diary.

Had my first Peacock Butterfly, yesterday, but none of the others...YET!

GILL

i saw bumble bees today, and sand martins were reported in the wekk locally, so i think spring is on the way in S Wales

Had my first Bumble Bees today AND I was offered an orphan lamb to hand rear!!!Nearly broke my heart saying no but we are moving soon, probably to a flat in Berwick, and I somehow think a Suffolk-cross sheep may be a touch big to live in an upstairs flat! Plus, considering that a sheep can live for about twelve years it's one helluva commitment!
HUH....must be getting old and sensible(was 37 yesterday)....I have NEVER turned an animal down!!!!!!!

GILL

Hi,

For anybody who can obtain BBC2 Wales it starts at 6pm on 25 March.You can have a double dose of Bill by tuning over to the english BBC2 at 7pm.
How good is that?

Chris.

They have returned!

Yes, Yes, Yes, I've seen my first Swallow of the year, unbelievable, It's only the 6th of April !!!!! o:) o:) o:)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back