• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding sites West Mids/Worcestershire (1 Viewer)

Phil Owen

Hi there,

Recently moved to Birmingham to live with my girlfriend so am looking for any info on good sites.

Obviously there are the many reserves dotted around the area but if anyone has any info on a decent patch that would be much appreciated.

I pass the bypass between the Maypole and M42 and there is some great habitat which must be very under-watched.

Any info would be appreciated.

Also with the twitching season almost upon us, would welcome to meet any new friends for car sharing etc.

Cheers

hi phil

there's lots of info about specific sites in the regional forums - a browse through those should help you get to know the most frequented places - and there are also many great spots that are rarely (if ever) visited by bin-toters

my favourite place is the wrye forest - always worth a visit, but during spring/summer one of the few places you'll get redstart, pied fly, tree pipit and wood warbler + dipper, mandarin, lesser spot and if your very lucky birds that can't be mentioned ;)

the clee hills are also great places and under-watched imo

i don't get twitchy so can't help you there

B :)

jon

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back