• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 8X25 IS (Image Stabilised) Binoculars (1 Viewer)

gfletcher

Hi
This is my first thread on the forum after purchasing a used pair of Canon 8X25 IS (Image Stabilised) Binoculars.
It appears that there is some dust/debris on the inside surface of one of the objective lenses.
Is there any way that one can remove the objective lens on this model to enable me to clean the inner surface of the lens?

your help would be very much appreciated

thanks

Graham

Hi Graham and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

I've moved your thread to the binocular section of the forum as you are likely to get more suggestions here. ;)

Graham,

I wouldn't try removing a lens myself. It is way too easy to mess up something, and on top of that you'd void the warranty.

Specs of dust or debris on the objective lens don't really affect the image at all unless they cover quite a large area. So you could just decide to ignore it. If it does bother you or you decide that you are able to see some effects from it anyway, send it back for warranty repair/cleaning.

Kimmo

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back