• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Korea April 2015 (1 Viewer)

Matthebirder

I've just retuned from a two week trip and will post some of the records shortly. I used the recent excellent trip report posted by Petri as a guide to some of the locations and must thank him again for such a well produced report. Although we were taking a more relaxed approach than the hectic pace set by Petri we covered some of the main wetland sites down the East and South coasts in detail
For more immediate interest until I've been through my notes and photos we did find 3 Solitary Snipe at the National Arboretum at Gwangneung on 1st April. This was a late record from what I can see on Birds Korea so it might be worth a look still if anyone happens to be near there. I can provide details if necessary, they weren't difficult if looking in the right place!
Also Yellow-bellied Tit x2 near Incheon Airport at a small temple, 1 there on 30 March, 2 in same place on 12 April showing down to a couple of metres at a drinking pool. Not sure of current status but a recent addition to Korea from what I read.
Saunders Gulls c8 at Seosan Lakes on 3 April. Plus c 200 Hooded Cranes.

All in all a very interesting trip despite great navigational problems despite English sat nav and Google maps......

Matthew

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back