• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Interesting warbler (1 Viewer)

Phil Andrews

It's only Rock and Roller but I like it
United Kingdom
An intriguing warbler is being reported today close to Hampton-in-Arden; started off as a Marsh and is currently being put out as an Icterine or Melodious. If anyone has a spare afternoon well worth a pootle.

Conflicting reports on this bird. Earlier text from Nick read Icterine but currently being broadcast on RBA as Melodious. Either way a great record for the region and well worth going for which ever species it is.

Brian

Off work but stuck at home with child minding duties whilst the wife pampers herself (aka spending my money) on a spa day ... :-C

Regional records as follows:

ICTERINE WARBLER
29th June 1942 - Sheriffs Lench, Worcs (in song)
10th July 1993 - Belvide Res, Staffs (in song)
25th August 1997 - Napton Hill, Warks

MELODIOUS WARBLER
20th May 1996 - Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs
3rd June 2000 - Brandon Marsh, Warks (trapped & ringed)

Off work but stuck at home with child minding duties whilst the wife pampers herself (aka spending my money) on a spa day ... :-C

Couldn't imagine it being a 'Spar' day Phil;)

As stated, great record for the region if it's still there i might even pursuade the chauffer to get the charabanc out of the garage:eek!: Unless anyone else is going from around the Stourbridge area today;)?

Laurie:t:

Couldn't imagine it being a 'Spar' day

Laurie:t:

Certainly not Costcutter - seemed to be the old Stella tag line of "reassuringly expensive"

PS First regional large hippo record to make it to a second day (if one ignores the reintroduction schemes in Dudley and Bewdley ;))

Last edited:
It showed well this afternoon (although these pics doesn't really do it justice) and sang almost non-stop. Great song, too.

Attachments

• IMG_2965 (3).jpg
    IMG_2965 (3).jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2917 (2).jpg
    IMG_2917 (2).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back