• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

where are all the siskins ? (1 Viewer)

terryeyre

not had any siskins around here for over a month the last ones i saw were on alder trees early march normaly garden full of them till end of may here plus a few residents till july .

I saw my first siskin here in the North-East about 1 - 2 weeks ago.... they were around for about a week but not seen them since.... hope they come back!

Hi All, plenty of natural food for them this year so most still in forest, like you in past years have 20-30 visting feeders, they have been absent this last week but 4 turned up today.

Stewart

:h?:

Never had any Siskins around here...ever! I've actually never even seen one! My Goldfinches have gone AWOL too...

Plenty of Siskins on the feeders here on the north Pennine fells - been around for a while - first singing male 21 February, numbers increased to around 12+ birds since then and numbers seem to have steadied. Only a few Bramblings though against the reguklar 40+ at this time last year. 4 Regular Goldfinches.

Cheers

B

I've got about 8 here now, five males and three females, they only arrived about 10 days ago though, and have been steadily increasing in numbers. It's the most I have ever had , wonder if I shall get any more.?

they're all on the feeders at the whinlatter forest park between derwentwater and bassenthwaite, (near the osprey viewing station)
Hardboiled

Three and a half months of the year gone and I have yet to see a Siskin, despite being out and about most days. Heard one in March, thats all. And my ex-in-laws usually have 20+ visiting their garden feeders in March, but none at all this year.

steve

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back