• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

seven arches Bramall (1 Viewer)

ians5

I've read in places that the Micker Brook has previously been good for Kingfisher sightings between the viaduct and Bramall Hall, can anyone vouch for this before I make the journey?

Depending where you are based, it might be worth going that little further to Etherow Country Park in Romiley. Kingfisher there on a daily basis, mainly up on the pools as you go up to the bird hide.
http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/3000/8784/etherowwalks From the Visitor Centre, head up around the lake, over the weir, then take the track/road along the pond (the unlabelled small one on the map). I usually see them on that pool. Some have reported views of them from the bird hide (past the top of that pool, through a wooden gate on your left, follow that track), but I've not been in there enough to either confirm or deny that.

Also seen them on the Mersey at Heaton Mersey Nature Park, just of the Didsbury Road. Much more distant than Etherow though.

Adam

I've never seen them on the pool, but have several sightings from the hide. Also had plenty of sighting along the canal between Marple and Hyde, usually along the section west of Romiley. Roman Lakes is another venue where sightings are not unusual

thanks Adam and N B T, I used to be a regular at Etherow, but havn't been there for 20 years.... might be a resurgence :)

I recently heard from another forum that Moore Nature Reserve near Warrington has plenty of Kingfisher activity, with well dressed perches being set up close to hides by local photographers

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back