• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Grand Prix 1 8x40 (1 Viewer)

Gray C

Grumpy old bugger
United Kingdom
Hi
New to this forum and to birdwatching, so any help would be appreciated. I have two pairs of old, but excellent condition binoculars, which I am giving to my wife and daughter. The first pair are Carl Zeiss Zena 8x30 and were made in DDR in 1960's. The other pair are Swift Porro Grand Prix 8x40. Both pairs have served me well over many years and I have had no complaints as to their quality.

Can anyone tell me anything about the Swifts, as thet were kindly given to me by a friend who sadly is no longer with us.

The Grand Prix range are a budget binocular from what I remember. Good for bird spotting with quite bright images. Probably not up to the optics of your early Jennas though. I use mine very rarely as I own over 30 other pairs!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back