• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photography In South Africa (1 Viewer)

Hi All
Has anyone been to South Africa photographing birds and animals on
safari?I was wondering what sort of support if any is practical such as A
monopod or beanbag when in A safari vehicle.
Trevor

I've done safaris in Kenya and I just went hand held.
I'll be doing the same in South Africa in November.

Spent several months in total in African gameparks and, like Chris, have always gone handhold - that said, a beanbag would not be a hindrance and could easily come in habdy. If you're hiring a safari vehicle on your own, what about a window mount - I fing this quite a handy little thing!

CJW said:
I've done safaris in Kenya and I just went hand held.
I'll be doing the same in South Africa in November.
What sort of lens were you using? I'm going safari in October and I'm strongly drawn to a lens with Image Stabilisation for those full-zoom shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back