• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gt. Tits Chicks Hatching (1 Viewer)

Hi Brett. I'm watching it live now! It's amazing, they're so tiny! What's happening with the Blue Tit nest? Sounds like an interesting situation.

Hi David

The 1st female is still incubating and fighting the 2nd female off even though the 2nd still nestbuilds when the 1st is out of the nest box.
I think the crunch will come when the 2nd female wants to lay her eggs.
Brett.

Hi Brett

That's very interesting! Maybe something like that is happening in my House Sparrow Terrace! Also got a pair just started to nest in another box, very close to the Terrace and I am STILL seeing Blue Tits checking out nesting sites!

Hope everything goes well with the Blue and Great Tits

Great news, you lucky man you! I will log on to your nest box and have a very envious peek if I may.

So far all I've found is one Collared Dove fledgling and a piece of Blackbird shell.

Still, it's only the middle of April.

Regards,

Great news.

I think that we must have the only GT that wants to stay single with us.

Since November last year we have had a male GT overnight roosting in our camera nest box , he still stays everynight- even last night he was in!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back