• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter help required (1 Viewer)

lee girdlestone

Hi all
Having done a search for info on an adapter to digiscope with a nikon coolpix4500 and an opticron classic if 75 with either a 20x or 27xwa i am still struggling to find a less bulky or hopefully cheaper idea than the opticron ucda. LCE seem to do an ideal adapter but only quote usage with a range of lenses that i do not have one of.Cost of the item is quite important(the cheaper the better) but the option of hand holding the camera to start with whilst waiting to purchase an ideal adapter is probably the best long term option. Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated and also apologies in advance if this question has already been answered elsewhere on the forum in the past.

Regards

Lee

Lee

Try holding your 4500 to the current eyepiece on your scope and take some pics at various camera zooms, if it seems O.K. go for the adapter in the thread I attached in #2, it will attach to any eyepiece you upgrade to at a later date!.

HTH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back