• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

identify bird (1 Viewer)

morespampls

Can some please help to identify this poor bird which fly into my house?

Attachments

• 20160603_102730.jpg
    20160603_102730.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I know close to nothing on Asian birds but I CAN tell you that this bird has just left the nest. Because of that and incomplete plumage at this young age, it will be hard to ID unless parents were/are found. I almost think it's a swallow of some sort. I believe it's a very young bird by the yellow gape which young birds always have.

There's something of the barbet about it, big strong feet, legs and bill. Certainly still dependent on it's parents at this stage - who should be close by - so hopefully it's been returned to the outdoors somewhere out of the reach of cats.

On reflection I think the feet are wrong for a barbet.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back