• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

News from.Kowa (1 Viewer)

I have published in my website the official video of this new compact.Kind Regards from Italy

Inviato con Galaxy S7 Edge

Wonder where they shot the video as it looks very like Strangford Lough here and maybe Castle Ward?

Strangford I thing is Viking for Strong Fort.

Pity I hadn't bumped into them and got a try with the new Kowa. They look good though a bit largish but that's fine if they are effective.

Last edited:
The picture in post #1 looks like a double hinged compact binocular that has an attractive smooth curved line design.

Bob

Wonder where they shot the video as it looks very like Strangford Lough here and maybe Castle Ward?

QUOTE]

Don't think there is a word for fort in Old Norse, Clive and perhaps the 'ford' at least elides from fjord.

Lee

I went on the site, and checked the Kowa video.

Nothing there, what is so special and secret?

Jerry

J

Looks like Kowa are doing a 'Leica' and offering a boutique folding compact with leather-look covering.
Could be just the thing to match those leather shorts that we don't tell anyone about. Or not.
Not really an optical headline, more a bit of frothy fun.

Lee

QUOTE]

Don't think there is a word for fort in Old Norse, Clive and perhaps the 'ford' at least elides from fjord.

Lee

One can dream and occasionally type also "thing"- > think.

Yes perhaps strong inlet 8-P

It does have strong currents there and they have one of those underwater propeller tidal turbines which they have been trialing for years and it's a marine protected environment for some kind of endangered mollusc. Great birding spot also. Thousands of Light bellied Brent Geese flock there.

Probably not an accurate statement amongst all that although I've seen the geese and the turbine tower above the water. I didn't do much checking but I still wonder were the video was shot. Did they actually come here to shoot their teaser vid. Probably just posted the bin to some game of thrones crew. Very often done for new model motorcycles, that is teaser videos. Personally I find them a bit annoying. I guess the dark photos are teaser photos also and similarly useless.

For me the real question is what will differentiate this compact from others and I get no indication whatsoever of that from this opening so the conclusion so far would be that maybe there is nothing except it's got a curved bit?

At least it's another choice I suppose but it's probably at the very costly end.

I mean "The next big thing"? Why? It does seem to be a largish compact. Maybe that's what they mean? or do they mean anything? That's probably the real story, that there is no story.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back