• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NEW Manfrotto range for "birders" (1 Viewer)

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
United Kingdom
Had a test of a couple of kits that have been introduced to replace the popular NAT3 range that have proved popular for the birding market. The new VIEW kits are now finished in a darker matt green but still have foam grips on two of the legs - the leg clamps are quieter than some of their predecessors. Overall they do indeed feel lighter in weight but this may be due to them ditching the popular 128RC fluid head and replacing this with the 701 or 700 - these surprisingly only come in black so no colour coding for the fashion concious! I think a magfibre model is also planned for later on this month. Obviously the beauty of Manfrotto is the flexibilty of heads,legs and accessories but personally these new birders kits seem ideal for scopes and digiscoping in its basic form. However I'll stick to my old 190Nat3 for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back