• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White-Sided Dolphins (1 Viewer)

tystie

"Time is never wasted when your wasted all the tim
Watched about a dozen feeding around the instalation this afternoon,i think they were feeding on mackeral,also about 200 Gannets diving in beside them quite a sight to see,They were tail slapping and leaping clear of the water a few even sumersaulted three times one after the other.
Made my day.

You lucky devil!!! ;)

I've only seen dolphins twice in my life...once when Freddie was at Amble Harbour in the early 90's and then in 1998 when Charlie was at the mouth of the Tyne for a few days.
Wonderful creatures though....bring a smile to your face that lasts ALL day! :clap:

MUST have a holiday up in Scotland within the next year or two - skint this year - but Neil was well impressed by the Sea Eagles on SpringWatch so a trip to the West Coast and upwards is in order SOON!!! ;)

Gill

Do you get alot of cetaceans out there?
If so you can report them to the seawatch foundation

http://www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk/

I havent seen white sided before, saw white beaked last week. I find watching cetaceans just as great as watching birds but they are alot harder to find. But when you do find them you normally get a load of birds too.
Have you been home? was just thinking the other day that I had not seen any of your offshore reports. You'll have to give us a bird update soon.

Gill it did keep me smiling for the rest of the day
Kas, Home tomorrow weather permiting,We get a few cetaceans from time to time ,mostly WS dolphin and Minkie Whales,but have had Fin Whale, Long Finned Pilot Whale,WB Dolphin,Risso's Dolphin ,Harbour Porpoise ,Common Dolphin ,BN Dolphin ,Orca and Grey + Common Seals.
I send my reports to the North Sea Bird Club who forward them to the relivant bodies

I will post my report Today

Lenny

If you want to see more records visit..............

www.abdn.ac.uk/nsbc

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back