• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strix question (1 Viewer)

Bert VDK

It seems that adding a picture does'n' work in my case.
Any idea how to proceed in order to publish the pict that was meant to sens as a attachment to my question?
Cheers
Bert

Hi Bert,

Welcome to the BirdForum.

I hope your "false start" won't put you off contributing many more times to BF.

I will try to answer your question, although I will have to assume that you did what I think you did. (I hope that isn't too confusing).

When you submit a thread, you get the option to Attach a File. You can do this using the "Browse" button.

I'm pretty sure you already knew that, but... you must make sure that the pic is of the correct file type - shown just below the browse button, and that it is not too big (maximum size 1024000 bytes).

If you don't, I think it is possible that you do not get an error message - the thread simply doesn't show the attachment.

If however you did all that right, then I think you can still get a problem.

If you preview your submission after adding your attachment, I think you have to add it again (it is as if you never did it).

Maybe you previewed and then submitted.

If you are still sure you did everything right, then you will have to wait for someone with more idea than me, to help you out.

Good Luck!

All sounds about right to me. The only other thing is if you want to add a photo in reply to an ongoing thread, then don't use the 'quick reply' box at the bottom of the page, use the green 'post reply' button instead which brings up a page with the browse button on it.

As an alternative you can post a link to a photo you either have hosted in the gallery on Bird Forum or on another site by using the http:// or IMG button and inserting the URL !

I also got an error message when the file I submitted had the .jpeg extension rather than .jpg - would like to see your pic - Try Again !

Hi Birdman, IanF and Paul Samson,
Thanks for your kind help.
Posting a pic just doesn't work at all. Even in the right format and size.
No error message, nothing, nada!
In the preview modus it takes appoximately 45 sec for the text to appear in the preview pane. I can see my own text ready to send but the link to the pic!

I asked the admin to help me out by posting the pic for me.
Hope he can.

regards
Bert

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back