• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta 7X42 B1 (1 Viewer)

dries1

I have had this glass for a short period of time <3 days and it is a very good glass.

It does have close to 8 degrees FOV
It has a great depth of field in focus
It provides extremely sharp images
It is a bright glass (the format of course provides a exit pupil of 6) which helps.

I recommend this glass at the price if still available. the format of 7X42 is a great one. The weight to me is no problem.

A.W.

Last edited:
I have had this glass for a short period of time <3 days and it is a very good glass.

It does have close to 8 degrees FOV
It has a great depth of field in focus
It provides extremely sharp images
It is a bright glass (the format of course provides a exit pupil of 6) which helps.

I recommend this glass at the price if still available. the format of 7X42 is a great one. The weight to me is no problem.

A.W.

Glad to hear! You got a great deal! I paid about $800 and ordered from Germany because I couldn't find one any where else.

Chuck,
IMHO They are worth the slightly over $1000 asking price when comparing some other glass costing over double that. The weight may discourage some. Thanks for your review on these, otherwise I may never have tried one.

A.W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back