• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another guess (1 Viewer)

Is it in your swimming pool?
JanJ

I just saw that the King Eider is in a rehab center, so the irony fell down!
JanJ

Last edited:
There are no outside swimming pools in Alaska. This fellow is in one of our rehab tanks for water fowl. His neighbor right now is a spectacled eider. They both will be with us for several weeks then released.

Clouseau said:
What'll the next ones be? Black Scoter? Harlequin Duck?
That I can't answer. We have been getting an unusual list of sea birds this summer. Though these birds are native to Alaska, they are from a lot farther north than Anchorage where I am. We'll see what mother nature sends us next.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back