• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica UK warranty (1 Viewer)

the bird

Carpe diem
As revealed in another thread just received my new Leica Televid 77 with 32x eyepiece.

I have a warranty for the eyepiece but the scope didn't have one!!!

Got in touch with Warehouse Express and they said that the body doesn't have a warranty. I thought it came with a 5 year warranty?????

Can somebody help with this?

Appreciated - John :C

the bird said:
As revealed in another thread just received my new Leica Televid 77 with 32x eyepiece.

I have a warranty for the eyepiece but the scope didn't have one!!!

Got in touch with Warehouse Express and they said that the body doesn't have a warranty. I thought it came with a 5 year warranty?????

Can somebody help with this?

Appreciated - John :C

Hi John,

My Apo 77 certainly came with a warranty card for 5 years ? I yours the Apo version ? If so, I am surprised by WE as they are normally really good. I can recall reading something about Leica reviewing their warranties, but I thought this was making them even better ! ?

Hopefully someone else will be along soon who does know...

Linz

Lindsay Cargill said:
Hi John,

My Apo 77 certainly came with a warranty card for 5 years ? I yours the Apo version ? If so, I am surprised by WE as they are normally really good. I can recall reading something about Leica reviewing their warranties, but I thought this was making them even better ! ?

Hopefully someone else will be along soon who does know...

Linz

afraid to say its not APO. I'm getting rather worried now :eek!:

It states on warehouseexpress that it comes with a 5 year guarantee - says this on both APO and non-APO versions. So get back on the phone to warehouse and tell them to sort it out.

postcardcv said:
It states on warehouseexpress that it comes with a 5 year guarantee - says this on both APO and non-APO versions. So get back on the phone to warehouse and tell them to sort it out.

cheers i will

sorted it out - no thanks being given to Warehouse Express. According to Leica UK they don't give out a separate warranty for scope bodies, its a 'just keep your receipt and we won't argue' situation. Which is fine and dandy with me. :smoke:

so thanks Lindsay and postcardcv for replying.

Much appreiciated - John o:D

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back