• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Be gentle with me, please! (1 Viewer)

wilder

Chris (tine)
I am a complete numbskull when it comes to photoshop, so all I have done is alter the levels on this. What else can I do to improve it? If you could put it in idiots language I would be very grateful!

Chris

Attachments

• DSCN4684 Little grebe web.jpg
    DSCN4684 Little grebe web.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 341
wilder1957 said:
I am a complete numbskull when it comes to photoshop, so all I have done is alter the levels on this. What else can I do to improve it? If you could put it in idiots language I would be very grateful!

Chris
What an earth is to alter?? I for one think it is a fabulous image! :clap:

I normally add a little colour saturation and unmask sharp as below but its only a marginal change on an excellent pic.

Attachments

• Little grebe web.jpg
    Little grebe web.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 263
Gorgeous shot, Chris. Although I'd suggest a touch of unsharp mask (filter-sharpen-unsharp mask amount 150- radius 0.5- threshold 0) I would only apply to the head area to preserve the soft fluffy texture of the feathers (sharpening will do more harm than good in this case)... use the lasso tool to draw a selection around the head and then apply the unsharp mask.

regards,
Andy

looks good, maybe as above with the effects - maybe just play with the curves a little or a bit of contrast/saturation. personally I would leave it alone.

It needs sharpening through USM and to me it seems to slope left to right. Also if you cropped it then it's cropped a bit too much, birds generally look better if thry have something to swim or fly into.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back