• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildflower Id Please (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

I found a good size patch of these growing at the edge of a bog at North Cape, Prince Edward Island. It's a very windy area with lots of snow and ice in winter so they must be very hardy. They were in full sun on the top of a cliff just mixed in among all of the grasses etc. I didn't do anything to show there size but would guess and the stalks being 10" or so. The flowers were no more than about 1 1/2" in diameter. probably closer to 1 1/4". I only have one small wildflower book for my area and they aren't in it.

Attachments

• DSCN7756.2.JPG
    DSCN7756.2.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN7757.2.JPG
    DSCN7757.2.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 113
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back