• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nice, S France in Dec (1 Viewer)

MarkHows

Mostly Mammals
I will be in Nice, Southern France for a long weekend in December, does anyone have any good sites within the Nice area. Also does anyone know where to find the Indian silverbills that have colonised the area.

Any other information appreciated

Thanks

Mark

MarkHows said:
I will be in Nice, Southern France for a long weekend in December, does anyone have any good sites within the Nice area. Also does anyone know where to find the Indian silverbills that have colonised the area.

Any other information appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Mark, one of our members JanJ from Sweden referred to Indian Silverbills in the Bird Identification forum last May. Here is what he said: "Yes, they are indeed Indian Silverbills, and they do fly around in Nice. In August 2000 in Nice, watching young Yellow-legged Gulls, I saw small flocks of ISB all over the town, in parks and in the flower market. There were about 6 or 7 birds in each flock.
I was a bit suprised to find ISB in the south of France, as I thought of Israel and Jordan beeing the nearest place were they could be found. They are on the French C-list (escapes)
JanJ"
I believe that you can also find them in the locality of Nice Airport!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back