• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Warehouse Express Offer (1 Viewer)

Stuart R

Hi
Warehouse Express are offering the following:-

Zeiss Diascope 80mm Straight Green Model c/w 30xWA

RRP=£1275 Offer= £899 with X30 eyepeice

Is this a great offer??? I didn't know that Zeiss made a 80mm scope. Is this a FL scope with coatings as in the 85 T*FL or some kind of non FL version

Basically, should I rush out and buy it???

Cheers

Stuart R

Last edited:
Stuart R said:
Hi

Is this a great offer??? I didn't know that Zeiss made a 80mm scope. Is this a FL scope with coatings as in the 85 T*FL or some kind of non FL version

Cheers

Stuart R

Is that really such a good deal
If you look on eagle optics (www.eagleoptics.com) the regular cost for an angled 85F Diascope plus 30X eyepiece would be $1648 versus the offer you quote above which is $1591. Plus thats not taking in the usual discount (transaction price) that Eagle optics seems to give and for warehouse express is only a 10 year warranty as against a lifetime warranty available at eagle optics. It always seems they inflate the price that is quoted whenever a special offer is mentioned. Unless the price in the US is much cheaper but considering that its a euro company that shouldn't be the case.

Last edited:
DavidP said:
Is that really such a good deal
Yes, in the U.K, it's a very good price.... we're well used to seeing all products cheaper in the U.S, that's how it is and we get on with it ;)
Shame Eagleoptics don't export to the U.K.

Stuart R said:
Hi

Cheers

Stuart R

It sound like a very good deal to me, and at that price better value than the competition. You can always use google to find the usual going price at other UK places. As to whether or not to rush out and buy it, well that all depends on how much you want a scope, how often you bird etc. Incidentally My experience is that despite WE being mail order only, they provide very good service and that seems to be the norm for BF users, or at least I've seen no moaning. And I have no connection, financial or otherwise, with WE!

Leif

there's also a straight through 65 with 30WA for £599

ought to add you can get a Nikon ED82 (straight or angled) with 30x for £858. Based on the alula reviews not much in it. both seem good buys.

Zeiss Wharehouse Express Offer

Hi to all
Thanks to all for the information and help.
I considered the Nikon but the Zeiss won out on size, weight and portability
Well, I've done the deed and taken the plunge and I'm really excited about becoming a member of the Zeiss Birding Fraternity!!!

Cheers

Stuart R.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back