• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

20D replacement (1 Viewer)

If it is true, it's not really a bird photographers dream machine...3fps fullframe (albeit 13mp), landscapers are going to be happy though :)

Andy Bright said:
If it is true, it's not really a bird photographers dream machine...3fps fullframe (albeit 13mp), landscapers are going to be happy though :)

Yep , that's an obvious downside. It's not stated , but you would assume it would have a higher burst rate available for lower resolution pics - Nikon D2X I think has this feature. (lower resolution being 6 MP )

Dave

Choderboy said:
Yep , that's an obvious downside. It's not stated , but you would assume it would have a higher burst rate available for lower resolution pics - Nikon D2X I think has this feature. (lower resolution being 6 MP )

Dave
The D2x takes a central crop of about 6.7mp, called high speed crop mode (giving 8fps)... I rarely use it to be honest. I doubt the new Canon will have this feature as it's very 'Nikon' and of debatable value, but you never know.

Anyway, this could still be a hoax ;)

cheers,
Andy

There is nothing on the Be-bit Canon site, which is where most anouncements show first, about this. I do not think the 20D replacement would be a full frame sensor either.

The DPReview Canon Forums are going mental over this... arguing whether its a fake or genuine. Some guy has looked at the PDF file's properties and linked it with a company which does work for Canon, others are saying its an obvious fake, bits are missing which should be there... its like a poolful of hungry piranhas that have been tossed a pork chop.
Bon apetit!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back