• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Sweden (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the forum!

Very nice website, and so well organized.

I skimmed through your website looking for any similar birds sighted here, and there are several. I just sighted the Ring-Billed Gull yesterday, (nice pic by the way)and I Common Yellow Throat stopped by for a few days to grub around for insects in my yard early in February. It was the first entry into my hand written log for yard birds.

A Fledgling Birder.

Hi Peter

Welcome to the Forum.
I'm sure you'll find everyone very friendly here.
Looking forward to seeing your postings from Sweden:t:

paj

Thanks

Nice words from all of You!!
I'll try to post some lines from this part of the world.
Autum is close - many birds has already left for south.

See You!

Peter

Welcome to Birdforum Peter :bounce: great to have you with us !
Especially with the quality of photos on your website. I was particularly pleased to see the Two-barred Crossbills, as we seem to be having an influx of them at the moment, and it was nice to see what I should be looking for 'in the flesh'.

I hope you find plenty to entertain you inthe site and I look forward to seeing your photos in the galleries.

Crossbills

Thanks Ian

I have seen crossbills every day from my yard during August and now in September as well.

In 1994 we had an influx of the "Two-barred" and I ringed 54 of them during a few days.

Peter

Attachments

• loxleu_3.jpg
    loxleu_3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 189
Peter, you are very lucky to have the Crossbills around quite so much. They seldom visit my area of the country at all and even in Scotland they can at times be pretty difficult to locate. There's you with them in your garden !
BTW another great photo :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back