• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrowhawk (1 Viewer)

Saphire

Christine
I blew my chance of getting any clear shots of the sparrowhawk I faffed around to much with the light failing this was the best one of three I took.

Can anyone do anthing with this image the second picture I put through focus magic with settings of 30degrees 7 pixel, I just cant seem to get it any clearer.

Attachments

• SpHawk090905.jpg
    SpHawk090905.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 246
  • SpHawk090905f.jpg
    SpHawk090905f.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 233
I couldn't do much with these at all. Downsizing somtimes helps but they're a bit too blurred for sharpening.

There'll always be next time!

Attachments

• SpHawk090905a.jpg
    SpHawk090905a.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 217
IanF said:
I couldn't do much with these at all. Downsizing somtimes helps but they're a bit too blurred for sharpening.

There'll always be next time!

Thanks Ian.

It will still go in my files as the chance of getting another pic so close is nil , she is so shy. just the click of the shutter and she was off. I was indoors with the door open about 5oyds away and she still saw me.

Saphire said:
Thanks Ian.

It will still go in my files as the chance of getting another pic so close is nil , she is so shy. just the click of the shutter and she was off. I was indoors with the door open about 5oyds away and she still saw me.

I have many, many shots with perfectly in focus branches/grass/water but an out of focus bird. There doesn't look like any part is in focus so it would be camera shake blurring the image. Perhaps too much excitement of getting the bird that close? ;)

Never give up, I had a sparrowhawk land just outside a hide when I was at Slimbridge last time, very unexpected as I was looking for kingfishers. Needless to say I took a few photo's, marvellous invention image stabilisation when the pulse is going a bit. :eek:)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back