PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Tracking

Andrew-Bede
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 19:41
I am very interested in keeping track of any of the Ospreys from the UK as they migrate—where they go and how they get on. Is there any website that keeps track of Ospreys from these shores? It would be excellent if any of them had radio/satelite tracking systems fitted and we could log in to keep updated on their progress. I have searched the web and am unable to come up with anything like this, a pointer in the right direction would be great. Hopefully and with thanks,
Andrew-Bede

Allen S. Moore
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 19:45
I am very interested in keeping track of any of the Ospreys from the UK as they migrate—where they go and how they get on. Is there any website that keeps track of Ospreys from these shores? It would be excellent if any of them had radio/satelite tracking systems fitted and we could log in to keep updated on their progress. I have searched the web and am unable to come up with anything like this, a pointer in the right direction would be great. Hopefully and with thanks,
Andrew-Bede
I know that Roy Dennis, formerly of the RSPB, is involved with this work in Scotland, so you could try by typing his name in the internet. I will try to find it for you, too. He had some very interesting information about an osprey in 2003 that travelled from Scotland via the Isle of Man to Spain and Portugal, where it wintered.

Andrew-Bede
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 20:03
I know that Roy Dennis, formerly of the RSPB, is involved with this work in Scotland, so you could try by typing his name in the internet. I will try to find it for you, too. He had some very interesting information about an osprey in 2003 that travelled from Scotland via the Isle of Man to Spain and Portugal, where it wintered.
Thanks for this link, looks like something is “coming soon” on Roy’s site. Will keep an eye on it.

Chris Monk
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 10:05
Try this part of the Rutland Water Osprey web site for their satellite tracking of the Ospreys reintroduced there:

http://www.ospreys.org.uk/AWOP/Satellite.htm

Chris Monk
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 10:36
Main site address:

http://www.ospreys.org.uk/