• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon has a small pair of 8-24x25 zoom (1 Viewer)

wrong thread?

beluga said:
anyone tried these? these look cool but whats the resolution like?

Why do you post this in the Leica thread? Or are you asking for a comparison? If so: A zoom of such a wide range with such small objectives can only be satisfactory - if at all - in very good light. I do not know the model you are asking about. But as far as compacts go, I think it is hard to do any better than the new Leica Ultravid compacts! Both optically and mechanically they are superb. And the handling with that big focus knob is as ergonomic as it can be. I have the 10x25 BR because they felt so great. Normally, I feel more comfy with 8x, but here I just could not say no.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back