• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Bangalore, India (1 Viewer)

ksnaveen

Dear Friends,

I am K.S. Naveen, a birder from Bangalore, India. I work with an auditor. Birding, conservation and book collection are my hobbies. Great to be with you,

Thanks,

K.S. Naveen

And it's very good to have you here - Welcome to the Forum! We all look forward to receiving your posts from India.

:bounce:

Welcome to the Forum K.S.

Look forward to reading your postings and hopefully seeing some pics from India.
You will find this a very friendly site.
Enjoy!

paj

It's great to have you on board. It will be interesting reading your posts and comparing your birds with ours. I am sure you must have many exotic species totally different from what we have over here.

Thanks and Birds of India

Dear Ralph Wiggum, Pajaarero, Kevin, IanF, Wings and other members,

Thank you very much for your kind mails. Yes, India having diverse geographical and climatic conditions is rich in flora and fauna and its westren ghats is among the biodiversity hotspots. The national geographic magazine carried an article on western Ghats in its January 2002 issue.

Western ghats in the west, eastern ghats, Indo gangetic plain and the himalayan region provide diverse habitat for flora, fauna and avifauna.

Please enter the following link to have a look at some of the indian birds.

http://www.indiabirds.com/content/birdgallery.asp

Ranganatittu bird sanctuary and a bird sanctuary at kokkare bellur (chiefly housed by spot billed pelicans, painted storks and egrets) are near Bangalore. At kokkare bellur conservation work is by Manu (nick named pelican man) is commendable, perfect example for conservation by people participation. If you visit India these should be one of the many hotspots.

Thank you very much,

K.S. Naveen [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back