• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon sporter 8x36 new eyepiece covers (1 Viewer)

harry gee

Hi!

I have just bought the above binos and I am pleases with them apart from one aspect- the one piece eyepiece cover.

does anyone know where I can buy 2 separate covers for each eyepiece?

harry gee said:
Hi!

I have just bought the above binos and I am pleases with them apart from one aspect- the one piece eyepiece cover.

Don't know if this helps, but I've only attached the eyepiece cover on one side and don't find it to be a problem now.

harry gee said:
Hi!

Do you want two totally separate lens caps for each eyepiece? Do you want them to be tethered?

Or, do you want the eyepiece caps connected together by a bridge? If so the rainguard meant for the Nikon 8/10x32 LXL should fit the bill nicely.

By the way, if you want nice tethered objective covers, the ones supplied with the Zeiss FL 8/10x32 fit nicely.

Harry,
I don 't know any suppliers. Sorry, I can't be of help with that. I am writing because I am curious why you want individual ocular lense caps. Can you explain?
I have always preferred to have a rain guard, what you are calling a "one piece eye piece cover." It serves better to protect the oculars from rain drops, pollen, detritus,etc in the field. It is easy to put on and off once it is attached to the strap, thus protecting the lenses while walking, eating, drooling, etc, while still being quick to remove when a mysterious bird flies over. When not in use, I put my bins in their case with rain guard on and that works fine protecting them in storage.
Whenever I have received a new pair of bins with those individual ocular caps, I have been annoyed. I have done almost exactly what you are doing, except I looked for an after-market rainguard. I think that more and more bins for birders are being supplied with rainguards in place of ocular caps because most buyers prefer them. So I am especially curious why you prefer the individual caps, since I have never seen any advantage to them. But, I am probably missing something. Please enlighten. Thanks.
Marc

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back