• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro field bags at half-price in UK (1 Viewer)

Blincodave

LCE (London Camera Exchange) Direct is currently offering the Swaro Taimyr field bag at half-price - down from £108 to £54 with 24 hour delivery included. Purchased one today. Even at £54 they are not cheap but they are of the very highest quality. You can fit a full sized pair of binos securely in an inner pocket. There is space for a field guide, note book and water bottle and other items. Whilst a lot bigger than the 'shaving bag' that comes with Swaro ELs or the case designed for them which retails at £49, these bags are defintely worth considering at this price. The full spec is on the Swaro website.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Yup, I've got one, beautifully made agreed, but I find it very bulky as there is so much padding. It doesn't have facilities to carry a tripod or 'scope because there are no carrying loops and even my Zeiss 65mm scope barely fits inside without the lens fitted. You can't sling it on your back and have to carry it over the shoulder which means you've then got a scope and tripod to fit around your person somehow, plus bins. Who wants bins in the bag when they should be round your neck? I use an A4 sketchbook and it is just too small for it to fit inside. As I said, it's beautifully made, looks good but is really hand luggage for the plane rather than a bag for everyday use as far as I'm concerned. I just feel Swarovski missed a few tricks here. Oh, and I didn't buy it but got it as a present! Give me my old rucksack that cost £4.99 when I spent £20.00 on petrol! I don't mind it getting wet and dirty, it takes all my stuff - sketch book, paints, flask, phone, sarnies and even my gardeners foam 'kneeling pad' that (great for keeping my wobbly bits dry when sitting on the wet grass) and has room to spare!

Anyway, as they say, you pays yer money and yus takes yer choice

good luck with the bag!!

Cheers

B

Hi Barry,

I must admit that I didn't ever envisage using it as a 'fieldbag' per se. I envisage using it for storage of the binos and essential kit in one place and as a means of transporting them in the car or, as you suggest, as an in-flight bag.

Hi Dave
Yup - I use mine to store stuff in and keep it hanging in a spare wardrobe. I used it to store most of my birdy stuff when we went to the USA this year, but it wouldn't hold both the scope and the bins (10x52) plus fieldguide, notebook etc etc. The trouble is it's so well made and looks so good that I worry abouit getting it marked!

cheers

B

Blincodave said:
LCE (London Camera Exchange) Direct is currently offering the Swaro Taimyr field bag at half-price - down from £108 to £54 with 24 hour delivery included. Purchased one today. Even at £54 they are not cheap but they are of the very highest quality. You can fit a full sized pair of binos securely in an inner pocket. There is space for a field guide, note book and water bottle and other items. Whilst a lot bigger than the 'shaving bag' that comes with Swaro ELs or the case designed for them which retails at £49, these bags are defintely worth considering at this price. The full spec is on the Swaro website.

Cheers

Dave

Ace cameras of Bath are selling the Taimyr at £39, thouigh you do have to pay £8 postage for 24hr delivery. Also Shetland bag and the very small one (can't remember name) with similar reductions. I saw the ad in Birdwatch mag, no doubt details also on Ace website.

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back