• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swarovski warranty? (1 Viewer)

IlyaVLD

What does their waranty cover?Will it cover any damages to it including if it is your own fault?Will there be a charge in case of repair or replacement?

IlyaVLD said:
What does their waranty cover?Will it cover any damages to it including if it is your own fault?Will there be a charge in case of repair or replacement?

As far as I know the USA warranty, as practiced, is extremely comprehensive and generous. I know of people who had their binoculars and scopes completely rebuilt at no expense even though one fell down a rocky cliff and the other was run over by a truck. My own experience, although less dramatic, included a complete rebuild of my 8x30 Mk IIs, and 10x25 SLC. (Mind you these were in use well over 13 yrs.) In general, this practice literally revolutionized binocular repair in the US.

Okay, will they continue to be this generous, and I use the word "generous" because the wording of the warranty doesn't explicitly refer to no-fault? My guess is that they will because anything less would be giving up a legendary position. Bad news spreads fast.

Happy Holidays,
Ed

Not sure if it will cover if your fault but the lens fell off my scope and wouldn't reattach something else had happened and it was fixed free of charge and I was loaned a replacement scope whilst mine went back to Austria.

elkcub said:
As far as I know the USA warranty, as practiced, is extremely comprehensive and generous. I know of people who had their binoculars and scopes completely rebuilt at no expense even though one fell down a rocky cliff and the other was run over by a truck. My own experience, although less dramatic, included a complete rebuild of my 8x30 Mk IIs, and 10x25 SLC. (Mind you these were in use well over 13 yrs.) In general, this practice literally revolutionized binocular repair in the US.

Okay, will they continue to be this generous, and I use the word "generous" because the wording of the warranty doesn't explicitly refer to no-fault? My guess is that they will because anything less would be giving up a legendary position. Bad news spreads fast.

Happy Holidays,
Ed

Hi,Swarovski did a rebuild [complete] on my "old 1983 I believe" 7x30 SLC in 2003 and I asked about occular lens and objective lens and if needed [ occular coatings had some light scratches]I would have to pay for these.I could not upgrade to phase-coatings also,but I was very happy with what they did to my binocular.It looked brand new.BTW they used my old lens.
Steve

mooreorless said:
Hi,Swarovski did a rebuild [complete] on my "old 1983 I believe" 7x30 SLC in 2003 and I asked about occular lens and objective lens and if needed [ occular coatings had some light scratches]I would have to pay for these.I could not upgrade to phase-coatings also,but I was very happy with what they did to my binocular.It looked brand new.BTW they used my old lens.
Steve

My impression is that they will restore to original specs unless they run out of parts. Then they appear to upgrade to the next level up. A friend of mine sent off an 8x30 SLC Mk II, and got back an 8x30 SLC Mk III. They might have used the original lenses. I think its very generous in any case. Agree?

Ed

Thanks for all the information.Maybe someday I will be able to afford a swarovski but for now Ill be going to school and earning $6.50

elkcub said:
My impression is that they will restore to original specs unless they run out of parts. Then they appear to upgrade to the next level up. A friend of mine sent off an 8x30 SLC Mk II, and got back an 8x30 SLC Mk III. They might have used the original lenses. I think its very generous in any case. Agree?

Ed
Hi Ed,I agree that it was generous to upgrade to Mk III.They told me they could of upgraded to phase coating if I had had a full size and not the 7x30.I don't know the reason,too old I guess.
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back