• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Three Fungi 17th December (1 Viewer)

Brian Bullough

DIGIDOPE
Three Fungi for I.D. December

Can anyone please I.d. these !
I was up in the College valley Northumberland yesterday(17th) and found these three Fungi that I would like to put names to,the middle group where in a ditch along a pinewood ride.
Brian

Attachments

• DSCN3688.JPG
    DSCN3688.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN3689.JPG
    DSCN3689.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN3696.JPG
    DSCN3696.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Brian Bullough said:
Can anyone please I.d. these !
I was up in the College valley Northumberland yesterday(17th) and found these three Fungi that I would like to put names to,the middle group where in a ditch along a pinewood ride.
Brian

Ah! The College Valley! One of my hunting grounds back when I was a student. Nice to see this reminder.

1. Looks like dried out Witch's Butter, Tremella mesenterica.
2. Hypholoma capnoides - presumably on a conifer stump under the grass - a relative of Sulphur Tuft.
3. As Hattyview has suggested, Jew's Ear, Auricularia auricula-judae.

Alan

Thanks for the I.D.'s I have a Fungi book somewhere but cannot find it ,having said that it is a rather complex one, all are latin names and many look identical, I had an idea what the two outer ones where but they looked different in the open setting,The middle group seemed to be in a small ditch but they could have been on a small log or something.
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back