PDA

View Full Version : Here Come The Red-wingeds...

AlexC
Sunday 5th February 2006, 03:22
Today what looked like the first migrant male Red-winged Blackbirds (only a few, and about a week or two early, they usually come between 2/12-15) came right into my yard. I'm almost 100% sure that these were migrants, not CT's residents, because I NEVER get the residents in my yard. Got a real nice look through the bins, my first sighting of them without a better birder to tell me what field marks to look for. I guess spring's acomin'...

Lou G
Monday 6th February 2006, 12:26
Yep, I had same experience Saturday 2/4. First black bird showed up had yellowish coloring instead of red in exact spots then one showed up with red/orange coloring. They must have been migrant birds since they haven't came back yet. :D Next will be the grackels :C

AlexC
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:45
Next will be the grackels :C

Hahahaha - I hear ya.

Tero
Monday 6th February 2006, 15:36
Mine were already singing in some staked out areas.

AlexC
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 21:49
Today had tons of Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackles fly through my neighborhood. Thought I'd share a pic or two. They were singing it up - it almost felt like spring.

1: R-W BB (forgive the wispy-ness, the pic's through a window)
2: C Grackle

Lou G
Saturday 11th March 2006, 01:37
Today had tons of Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackles fly through my neighborhood. Thought I'd share a pic or two. They were singing it up - it almost felt like spring.

1: R-W BB (forgive the wispy-ness, the pic's through a window)
2: C Grackle

Don't have any pics to share but my trees look like a clip from the Alfred Hitchcock move "The Birds" and the noise they make is incredible. B (:

Lou G

Abbygirl
Sunday 16th April 2006, 02:39
I love red-wing blackbirds. i saw them for the first time here in Oregon. on my first birding trip on april 12th 2006.