• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rolex Binoculars 7*50 375 ft @ 1000 yds No93135 (1 Viewer)

christianbirder

I bought these second hand (they might even be antique!) They also say coated lens on them.

Eye relief is not good so I only get about half the field of view but at the moment they are what I use!

weight 1.1 kg

Can anyone tell me anything about them.

They are the only pair of bins I know with this brand.

Jon

christianbirder said:
I bought these second hand (they might even be antique!) They also say coated lens on them.

Eye relief is not good so I only get about half the field of view but at the moment they are what I use!

weight 1.1 kg

Can anyone tell me anything about them.

They are the only pair of bins I know with this brand.

Jon
Hi Jon,
Any chance of seeing a photo of these? They sound intriguing. Rolex are a funny 'company' who keep unbelievable control over their name (insofar as official use). If they are genuine (authorised use of their name), they could be worth a fortune.
Is there any other writing on them?
cheers,
Andy

Just as a footnote. Rolex did use Sir Peter Scott for advertising purposes in the 70's... but if Rolex ever did lend their name to a range of binos, it would be more likely aimed at the Opera or Yachting community than birders.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back