• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Turkey Vultures in Ontario (1 Viewer)

swhitham

Has anyone seen the Turkey Vultures returning to Ontario Canada yet this year? I have a friend from England here and would like to be able to show him the event.

Turkey Vulture

Spotted one on my first trip out to photograph birds in general on march 25. This was in the guelph area...it was trying to get some lunch off the road which I think was a possum. Will attach a pic of it.

Scott Hattle

Attachments

• turkey vulture .jpg
    turkey vulture .jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 665
Spotted 3 in the wooded area behind my house in Orangeville just yesterday. They moved on shortly after I spotted them around 8:30 am.

Thanks for the photo. A very good one. I was in Essex county last week and saw a number of them above Jack Miner's sanctuary and a few more on Pelee Island
stingrays08 said:
Spotted one on my first trip out to photograph birds in general on march 25. This was in the guelph area...it was trying to get some lunch off the road which I think was a possum. Will attach a pic of it.

Scott Hattle

Spotted a turkey vulture dragging a dead squirrell off of Cummer Ave. (Toronto residential area of North York) Sunday Sept 5/10 at 12 noon. A highly unusual sight.

oct 31 2010 - 16 in trees right across from our home

Has anyone seen the Turkey Vultures returning to Ontario Canada yet this year? I have a friend from England here and would like to be able to show him the event.

We were called by my son to go outside as there were very large birds in teh trees. To our amazment with video camera in hand we filmed 16 turkey vultures. None of us had ever seen them in our lifetime and it was incredible to watch them. They stayed in teh trees for about 10 minutes them all flew off. We captured it on video, will send it in to CP24-Toronto news.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back