• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon coolpix 5400?? (1 Viewer)

Paulyoly

Well i wonder who will be the first to try this new camera? Anyway i'm sure the cp5500 will follow to replace the 4500, i sure could use the 5 megapixels. Does anyone think we will ever see a digicam designed for a certain scope? I know there is the kowa digiscope.

Hi Paul

I have just read your posting regarding nikon`s new coolpix camera(cp5500) where did you see this info?

Regards Stevo

stevo said:
Hi Paul

I have just read your posting regarding nikon`s new coolpix camera(cp5500) where did you see this info?

Regards Stevo

sorry Stevo, that is an assumption i was making because of the recently announced cp5400 to replace the cp5000. I should have made that more clear, sorry. I'm hoping they will announce a 5 megapixel replacement for the cp4500 because i've had a few people who wanted to buy some 11x14 prints.

I saw a post about the cp5400 on dpreview nikon talk forum, i think imaging-resource.com had the right up on it.

Not sure about a 5mp cp4500..... I think the cp9** style lens is creaking a bit with a 4mp ccd behind it, but I'll still be at the front of the queue if it's released.
The cp5000 isn't a bad digiscoping camera (as Gerd Rossen has proved), it just lacks focal length.
Anyway, a 'spot-on' shot with a cp4500 should have no problem at 11x14 (odd format?).
Andy

I see the 5400 has a new 4x zoom lens, as well as other improvements, so who's going to be first to try it! It's obviously going to be up against some stiff opposition in general use with the announcement of Canon's G5 and the release of Sony's V1, although I'm not sure whether either of these are suitable for digiscoping (the V1's 4x lens which is 1 to 11/2 stops slower than the old S85 looks interesting).
Whether the release of the 5400 makes an updated 4500 more or less likely is hard to judge - perhaps Nikon will surprise us and make it the first 'compact' digicam with a 6Mp sensor (please!).

Adey

Adey Baker said:
I see the 5400 has a new 4x zoom lens, as well as other improvements, so who's going to be first to try it! It's obviously going to be up against some stiff opposition in general use with the announcement of Canon's G5 and the release of Sony's V1, although I'm not sure whether either of these are suitable for digiscoping (the V1's 4x lens which is 1 to 11/2 stops slower than the old S85 looks interesting).
Whether the release of the 5400 makes an updated 4500 more or less likely is hard to judge - perhaps Nikon will surprise us and make it the first 'compact' digicam with a 6Mp sensor (please!).

Adey

I think there will be a 4500 successor real soon, i don't think it will have any more pixel though, i'd be happy with smaller and lighter( SQ size would be nice) with a better lcd screen and a fine focus in the lcd where the middle of the shot is magnified. Oh yeah, i want autofocus lock in 1/2 second or less and in dim light.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back