• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Tit Babies (1 Viewer)

maxfoto2003

I guess only two more days left before they are going to see even more of the world. I peek out of the window every minute now, to check upon the mum and dad (if they are still feeding), if I can see heads and.. more important: I listen to the sounds of the parents to see if my neighbours cat is inside! I am so worried that they will fall out of the birdhouse today and that rotten cat is outside (sorry about that).

hope you like this picture of one of the babies peeking out yesterday

Attachments

• bird-3.jpg
    bird-3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 164
leaving the nest

hello ;-)

Today was D-Day..... some of the babies left the nest. I have pictures, can I just add these to the thread? I also am making a series with all pics, maybe a link?

Hi Mariette,

No problem at all with adding the photos to this thread. I look forward to seeing the fledged youngsters.

one second before leaving the nest

this shot was taken just a split second before this one left the nest.

hope you like it. I will add the link to the best shots. I also have a shot where one of the babies had 'flown' back and landed on top of the bird house where mum came to his rescue ;-)

Attachments

• 2003_0601_132639aa.jpg
    2003_0601_132639aa.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 153
A superb shot Mariete, very nice timing with the capture. That one looks as if it's having a struggle to get through the hole !

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back