• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to stay in Norfolk (1 Viewer)

DaveB

birding.daveb.co.uk
We are going down to North Norfolk in mid-may.

Can anyone recommend a good (reasonably priced) B&B?

Thanks!

DaveB said:

Thanks!
Hi Dave,
stayed many times at the Titchwell Manor Hotel, minutes from the reserve, great rooms, great food
Not the cheapest place to stay, but in terms of a central location for top birding spots I found it economical petrol wise.
Great also if the weather is poor being so close to Titchwell reserve is a great alternative, let me know if you need anymore info
Cheers
PaulV ;)

DaveB said:

Thanks!

define reasoably...............

I stay at Briarfields in Titchwell. Which is still reasonably pricey but cheaper than the manor.

Hi DaveB,
I stay in a little B&B situated in Thornham. Warm, comfortable and very friendly. It is also a fraction of the price of the two establishments already mentioned. £27.50 pppn. www.rushmeadow.com. You can watch Titchwell reserve from the bedroom windows and whilst having breakfast.
Ivan

Ivan said:
Hi DaveB,
I stay in a little B&B situated in Thornham. Warm, comfortable and very friendly. It is also a fraction of the price of the two establishments already mentioned. £27.50 pppn. www.rushmeadow.com. You can watch Titchwell reserve from the bedroom windows and whilst having breakfast.
Ivan

I'd give another Vote to Rushmeadow, stayed a good few times and always excellent.

Regards

Paul

Rushmeadow sounds lovely. We like to stay a bit further east so we can easily reach all our favourite places. Wells-next-the-Sea is our favourite. The Cobblers is good, as is The Normans.

Sandra

Just booked 4 nights at a Travelodge for end of September. Three of the nights were £10 per night per room, the other was £46. Total £76 for 4 nights - between two of us. If we'd just gone for 3 nights it would have only been £30! A fiver each per night. Cheaper than camping!!!

Travelodge may not be to everyone's taste, but bargains can be had! No breakfast included.

rezMole said:
Just booked 4 nights at a Travelodge for end of September. Three of the nights were £10 per night per room, the other was £46. Total £76 for 4 nights - between two of us. If we'd just gone for 3 nights it would have only been £30! A fiver each per night. Cheaper than camping!!!

Travelodge may not be to everyone's taste, but bargains can be had! No breakfast included.

Hi Rezmole,
Where abouts is the travel lodge you are staying sounds just the place.
Is it on the net?
Cheers Stanacko.

Kings Lynn.

We went there a few weeks ago and did a night at Norwich Central - but youhave to pay £11 to park at the Norwich one - and it's a pig to find.

Travelodge rooms were booked on the net. Search the ones in Norfolk and try the "saver" ones first. This gives you rooms available at both £10 or £26. It's a bit hit and miss - we tried to find something for the middle of summer, but there wasn't anything suitable. Worth a try though, as bargains can be had.

Norwich somewhere ... travelodge .. b&b ... whatever

Its right in the middle for easy access to north Norfolk & the coast, the broads and Suffolk coast / Minsmere etc

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back