• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Books (1 Viewer)

Colin

Axeman (Retired)
England
I was recommended a good read by a friend. The title is 'On Wing and Wild Water' by Mike Tomkies. It it an account of several years of living in a remote part of Scotland and watching and logging the breeding activities of the Eagles in that area. There are stories of other wildlife including Divers, Whooper Swans and the sad demise of his only companion, his dog which left him all alone but with the lure of the eagles. Unfortunately (for me) after I bought the book and started to read it, I found that it is a continuation of a book called 'Golden Eagle Years'. I am off in search of this one now (it may be out of print but will probably be available at a second hand bookshop) as the former was one of those books that you can't put down - especially as I love Scotland.

Colin

out of print books

Colin,
I have had good luck getting out of print books on ebay and amazon at reasonable prices. If you are looking for a specific book this may be a good spot to look.
later,
Jack

Jack,
Thanks for that. I have been able to get 'Golden Eagle Years' and some other Mike Tomkies books for Portland Bird Observatory bookshop which stocks quite a number of second hand books. Thanks for the tip. I will keep that for future reference.

Colin

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back