• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Steiner 7x50 Commander V (1 Viewer)

Omid

United States
Hi guys,

I was in Amsterdam airport a few days ago. There, a beautiful pair of Steiner binoculars caught my eyes: Steiner 7x50 Commander V. These are priced at about $700. Has anyone had any direct experince with these? How do day compare optically with class Zeiss and Fujinon 7x50 models?

Thanks,

The price you mentioned is the normal one AFAIK. The Steiner Commander is a good 7x50 but like the Fujinon FMT it has individual focussing for each barrel which is really annoying if you want to use this bino for birdwatching. The main difference between the Steiner and the Fuji in practice is in weight. The Steiner is much lighter but it doesn´t have the same sharpness at the edge than the Fuji. I like the ergonomics of the Steiner and the way it feels in my hands.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back