• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Picture! (1 Viewer)

Steve

Staff member
United Kingdom
I couldnt resist lifting this photograph of a Bittern, by Roy, from the gallery. I think all the photos in the gallery are amazing, but this young bird caught my eye.

Bittern__juvenile__bred_at_Far_Ings_-_taken_July_4_2002.jpg

Steve B :)

I'm with you, Steve. Bitterns here in California are very reclusive. So, to get such a good shot of a Juvenile Bittern is truly exceptional.

Bittern

Hi Steve

Thought I would share this image with you kind people, this was one of 10 images I took that day, I was in the right place at the right time. I came onto this bird while walking with my wife on one of the foot walks at Far Ings, Barton. It was no more than 40 feet from us and I had plenty of time to set up the scope etc. The staff of Lincolnshire Trust were most pleased to see that these birds had successfully bred. Don't know if it was the same bird but a few weeks after further sighting had been noted of a juvenile. After taking these images, we visited Nessy Hide and we saw two adult birds in flight that morning.

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back