• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cape Wrath Birdlife (1 Viewer)

amwaluk

Hi all,

First post for a long time on here and my first attempt at posting pictures.I have just returned from 2 weeks at Cape Wrath,NW Sutherland,Scotland and during my time up there I spent an afternoon walking along the cliffs from Faraid Head to Durness.The following pics are what I have so far edited from the many I took.The area is an haven for birdlife both along the coast and in the actual village,I was awoken every morning at 0630 by the local Cuckoo!!Anyway hope you like the following:

Black-backed Gull.
BIRD01.jpg

Fighting Great Skuas.
BIRD02.jpg

Nesting Fulmar.
BIRD03.jpg

Shag.
BIRD04.jpg

Puffins.
BIRD05.jpg

Puffin drying its wings.
BIRD06.jpg

Fighting Herring Gulls.
BIRD08.jpg

Fulmar in Flight.
BIRD09.jpg

Mistle Thrush in the Village.
BIRD07.jpg

If there is positive feedback I will post more.
Regards
Andy

Excellent photos Andy. What equipment did you use?.
Cape Wrath is a great place, my wife and I went there in 1995 and we still joke about the minibus ride out and back to the lighthouse with a driver who seemed intent on breaking his time record on every trip!!!!. I wonder if he is still there, hurtling along the track.
I look forward to seeing some more photos. Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back