• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Please... (Are You There Michael Frankis???) (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
Just a lifer hingeing on this, so no pressure!!!

This is my "Sedge Warbler" from my recent trip to Northumberland.

I'm really sorry about the quality of the photo, and the size of the bird... this was the clearest of about 8 shots!!!

Anyone confirm my id?

Attachments

• sedge warbler.jpg
    sedge warbler.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 308
For your information - 'cos that photo's clearly rubbish! - distinctly short tail and light coloured supercilium.

I see Sedgies all the time on the canal in summer and at a push the light band under the black crown says Sedgie.

If the original is larger than this then cut out the bird itself and we will have a bigger picture to look at.

Perhaps I lied... this looks a bit clearer!

Attachments

• sedgie magnified.jpg
    sedgie magnified.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 293
Hi Birdman,
Looks good for Sedge Warbler to me!Supercilium in particular points to that identification.Habitat good also.
Harry H

Hi Birdman et al,
Would like to point out that despite the new photo appearing before my post,I replied after having only seen the first one!
The second one strengthens my convictions.
Harry H

OK... (crosses Blark lark off list and replaces with Sedge Warbler)

Lifer confirmed!

After taking in lots of NEWCASSELLBROONS i can confirm without doubt that your bird is a Lesser spotted short toed humpy backed one legged pigeon do i win a prize hic :>)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back