• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World's most powerful binocular! (1 Viewer)

ceasar

Now here's the real thing! Get one while they are hot!

I got a Sharper image catalog in the mail today. One of their new items is a 20 to 140 x 70 Zoom binocular. They are touted as being "rugged and durable" but surprisingly lightweight and compact at 2 pounds. It features, remarkably, "center-wheel focus with diopter adjustment." Case and strap included and a 90 day warranty! Only $199.95

I wonder if the rest of the stuff in the catalog is high quality, like this. What do you think? www.sharperimage.com. September catalog. Page 25.

Bob

Those Chickadees and Goldfinches, I hope you can focus on them 30 feet away, will be huge. You might be able to see inside their eyeball.

Kenko 18-100x28 binoculars!

Hi all, While on the topic of unusual(!) binoculars I would like to tell of my experience of a pair of Kenko18-100x28 bins. I was in a large, brightly lit store, in Japan, where I picked up a pair of these to look through them, out of curiosity only. I couldn't see through them, so I took them away from my eyes to remove the caps. There were no caps on them, they were set at 100x. Unbelievable!
regards, John

ceasar said:
Now here's the real thing! Get one while they are hot!

I got a Sharper image catalog in the mail today. One of their new items is a 20 to 140 x 70 Zoom binocular. They are touted as being "rugged and durable" but surprisingly lightweight and compact at 2 pounds. It features, remarkably, "center-wheel focus with diopter adjustment." Case and strap included and a 90 day warranty! Only $199.95

I wonder if the rest of the stuff in the catalog is high quality, like this. What do you think? www.sharperimage.com. September catalog. Page 25.

Bob

I have tried one in their store.. completely piece of junk.. I can see my eyelash reflection from the ocular lens though... At 140x, we are talking about exit pupil of 0.5... How can someone enjoy viewing through that...

I for one, strongly against any zooming binoculars. High quality spotting scopes are exception though.. Anyway, do not waste your hard-earned money on this...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back