• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common (?) Lizards, Tregaron, Wales (1 Viewer)

RJElse

Last week I visited Cors Caron Nature Reserve near Tregaron in Wales. Around the boardwalk nature trail we found nearly 100 lizards sitting on the low wooden fence and the edges of the boardwalk. Most allowed close views and there were two types. Most were around 10cm long, reddish brown along the sides and olive-green along the top, with a line of yellowish spots seperating these colours. I think they were common lizards. The other type were about 5 cm long and darker, blending to blue-black at the tail. I took these to be young common lizards.

Could anyone confirm these from the attached pictures?

Cors Caron is well worth a visit at the moment for good views of these lizards, dragonflies and lots of birds, including hobby.

Attachments

• lizard.jpg
    lizard.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 185
  • lizard2.jpg
    lizard2.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 175
Yes, those are young and adult common lizards.

Nice pictures, baby common lizards never stay still long enough for me to get a photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back