• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8.5x42 EL's Authorized Dealer? (1 Viewer)

I want to purchase a par of Swarovski 8.5x42 EL's. I've looked all over the net and this is the best price I could find. http://www.optics4birding.com/item.aspx?cid=13045 Is this company an authorized dealer? I can't find them on Swarovski's dealor locator. Also will these be covered by Swarovski's lifetime warranty since they are an open box special?

Anyone ever dealt with this company?

Thanks,
Darrell

01Foreman400 said:
I want to purchase a par of Swarovski 8.5x42 EL's. I've looked all over the net and this is the best price I could find. http://www.optics4birding.com/item.aspx?cid=13045 Is this company an authorized dealer? I can't find them on Swarovski's dealor locator. Also will these be covered by Swarovski's lifetime warranty since they are an open box special?

Thanks,
Darrell

call optics4birding and ask them

01Foreman400 said:

Thanks,
Darrell

I contacted optics4birding and they told me they were an authorized dealer no one has this price on EL? Did you buy them? Does any know if optics4birding is an auhorized dealer.

Thanks

FIELDBIRD said:
I contacted optics4birding and they told me they were an authorized dealer no one has this price on EL? Did you buy them? Does any know if optics4birding is an auhorized dealer.

Thanks
I would check with Swarovski North American to see if they regard this as a 'refurbished' binocular, which has a more limited warranty. I would also check with Optics4Birding to see if the warranty registration card is still in the box.

Like 01foreman400, I couldn't find Optics4Birding listed on Swarovski's website. But I did notice that, although their business address is in Mission Viejo, CA, their address for returns is in Minnesota, and it appears to me that it's not far from binoculars.com (Duluth, MN), which is an authorized Swarovski dealer. Maybe there's a relationship between these two vendors/

Curtis Croulet said:
Like 01foreman400, I couldn't find Optics4Birding listed on Swarovski's website. But I did notice that, although their business address is in Mission Viejo, CA, their address for returns is in Minnesota, and it appears to me that it's not far from binoculars.com (Duluth, MN), which is an authorized Swarovski dealer. Maybe there's a relationship between these two vendors/

Called Swarovski today they said- any open box bins purchased void all warranty rights. Who knew???

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back